1. The trade part of Lethal Zone has fully been taken over by FoG (Fortress of Gamers) and this site can no longer be used to make appeals. If you feel that your tag is unjust, please file an appeal over at https://f-o-g.eu.trade instead.

Rejected all-knowing 76561198107890808

Discussion in 'Middleman Applications' started by all-knowing, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. all-knowing

all-knowing Registered

1. Where do you live? (City, Country, Time Zone)
    Lebanon,Ohio,USA,EST

2. What times during the week are you available to help middleman?
    M-F 4-10pm. Sat 8am-2am. Sun 8am-10pm

3. Do you have prior experience as a middleman?
    No prior experience.

4. How long have you been trading? In what Steam games?
    I've been trading for about 2 years now. Done trading for Unturned and CS:GO mainly. Did a little back when I played tf2 as well.

5. Do you have any reputation threads or forms of rep? Please link them here.
    N/A I shy away from money trading and rep threads aren't necessary for steam trade window trading.

6. Why do you want to represent Lethal Zone as a middleman for the trading community?
    Scams happen all too often, especially in Unturned. I'm attempting to grow a safe group environment for trading to occur, but with such a young playerbase, it happens all too often. Bringing down scammers has been my number 1 goal since I was scammed myself about 1.5 years ago. Mostly haven't been able to do anything until recently, when i've had money to do larger trades and support causes that try to achieve that goal. Middlemanning can help minimalize scams in my opinion, and I can be professional, polite, and patient while middlemanning trades for your community.

7. What challenges do you forsee as a middleman?
    I see myself being nervous toward larger trades since I have minimal experience with middlemanning, but you have stated you will train, so I can be confident.

8. Please list ALL of your Steam accounts with SR ID Blocks.

Main:
    | steamname: all-knowing
    | steam3ID: [U:1:147625080]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:73812540
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198107890808
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sodium-Chloride
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198107890808

Bot account for YoS:
    | steamname: SmoothOperator
    | steam3ID: [U:1:310670799]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:155335399
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198270936527
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/YoSBot
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198270936527

9. Have you had any leadership or position with responsibilities in a Steam community?
    Yes.
    Owner and Founder of Unturned Trading and Raffles
    Co-Owner & Administrator for Years Of Service Groups 1+ YoS 2+ YoS 3+ YoS 4+ YoS 5+ YoS 6+ YoS 7+ YoS 8+ YoS 9+ YoS 10+ YoS 11+ YoS 12+ YoS 13+ YoS
    Moderator for Elite Profiles
    Moderator for Sleek Profiles
    Moderator for Talented Profiles
    Moderator for TF2R&T Trading Group
    Moderator for Unturned :)

#1 all-knowing, Jan 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  2. Enstage

Enstage Not so custom title
    Trade Administrator Reputation Thread Mod

3. all-knowing

all-knowing Registered

To allow for complete transparency, here is the URL to a previous middleman application.
    https://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/all-knowing’s-middleman-application.13696/#post-95676
    I was denied for a ban I had on their servers.

Since that application, we have gotten busy at work, and my available hours have shortened. I have also removed the TF2R&T from experience because the more I thought about it, I was doing more sorting through riff-raff than actual middlemanning. Also, in YoS, I am now in charge of the invite BOT we use, so I have listed it here as an account I control. I am available to answer any questions you have.

4. |LZ| Gentleman

|LZ| Gentleman He Who Wears Hats

5. |LZ| Gentleman

Hi AK,

A few questions.

1. I see that you are currently banned on FoG servers with a denied appeal. With the premise being that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, please explain why you decided to express Nazist/Hitlerist sentiment in a public server in a non-joking manner.

2. What role are you employed under in USAF?

3. I see you recently created a trading group on January 6th (Unturned Trading & Raffles). Between that group, the Steam YoS groups, and the other groups, you currently moderate a total of 19 groups. Are you concerned about the amount of time you can dedicate to being a middleman?

4. In your FoG MM application, you mention that you "have done many money trades", while in your application here, you state that you "shy away from money trading" (See attached screenshots). You made these two applications roughly half a week apart. What changed?

Attached Files:

Enstage and Edward like this.
  6. all-knowing

all-knowing Registered

1. I will defend my statement by the following. There is so much we can learn from him, including public speaking, military strategy (blitzkrieg), and on top of that, his actions toward the end of the war (which I was referring to) were done because he believed that he was doing what was best for the country and his people. I highly respect people who want the best for the people that serve under them. Not everyone agrees with me, I understand, but I have learned to stand up for what I believe. This is just like why I am here now applying to be a middleman, because I believe I can make a difference in the trading community, because if I can stop even 1 scam, I have helped keep that one person safe, and I won't have to let that person feel how I felt when it happened to me. If you want someone with drive and good intentions to protect traders, I am here. It has been stated many times there is not benefit to being a middleman. I'm doing my part to help by doing a non-rewarding task that needs to be done.

2. Client systems (IT) I enjoy working on and with computers. I mainly work on hardware and software updating/upgrading.

3. I do not believe that this will be an issue. With us having an invite bot now, the YoS Groups should now be on auto-pilot. As far as the other groups, I spend a combined total of 1 hour each day on. Each day I choose one of the profile groups and spend an hour inviting to that group. As always I am available between those times and can put off other tasks if that specific time is what is best for the buyer and seller.

4. What I mean is that I have definitely done them, and I have done many, I just do not enjoy doing them/shy away from doing them. Nothing changed, it is just that without a middleman it is unsafe. I can reword that if necessary.

#6 all-knowing, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  7. |LZ| Gentleman

When you choose to preach the doctrines practiced and carried out by Hitler and the Third Reich, you also, willingly or not, subscribe to their beliefs in regards to anti-semitism, eugenics, and basic human decency. Hitler practiced categorical racism and is directly responsible for the slaughter, abuse, torture, and experimentation of millions of civilians.

I understand that you are looking at Hitler from a different lens, but one should consider all facets of a historical figure when making a universal claim. I sincerely hope that you take the time to read these two links [1] [2] and attempt to reconcile your opinion of Hitler with the real-world outcome of his beliefs.

While you are entitled to your opinions, Lethal Zone does not tolerate racism under any form, and your application has been summarily denied. Please do not apply again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.