1. The trade part of Lethal Zone has fully been taken over by FoG (Fortress of Gamers) and this site can no longer be used to make appeals. If you feel that your tag is unjust, please file an appeal over at https://f-o-g.eu.trade instead.

I created a rep thread on CSGO REP! Steam group and was immediately permabanned

Discussion in 'Trade Chat' started by cdr, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdr

cdr Registered

I have no idea WTF just happened. Is there some way I can appeal the ban? I just started buying/selling keys and that was a rather rude welcome.

#1 cdr, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  2. PixelBacon

PixelBacon Registered

Rep threads are pretty much forbidden, since they give people reps without them earning it in a legitimate way. Why would you even want to get rep that way, especially since you apparently just started with trading keys?

As for how to appeal: https://lethal.zone/threads/how-to-appeal.22715/

3. cdr

cdr Registered

I meant I created a thread for myself under "individual reputation threads". Pretty sure that's what you're supposed to do. Thanks for the link.

4. a514n

a514n Registered

He means that he created a Reputation Thread at CS:GOREPorts, a group that has reputation threads for cash trading ( http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CSGOREPorts ). The threads there are heavily moderated, and while it might not be officially sanctioned, traders typically use the group as a way to build reputation.

cdr, I agree that it's strange how they wouldn't give you a reason and ban you outright. Try to reach out to one of the Moderators and ask about it; maybe you got classified as the alt of a scammer on accident or something. I'm not a staff member there, but I'm sure they'll be happy to clear the situation up for you.

5. cdr

cdr Registered

I messaged a couple of the mods on Steam, including the one who banned me, and they ignored me. Not unexpected, I guess. This forum shares some mods with the Steam group if I'm not mistaken - it's linked from there - which is why I posted here. Thanks for the support.

6. a514n

a514n Registered

Sorry I couldn't do more to help. At the very least, I hope you learn the reason for your ban. Cheers, and good luck.

7. PixelBacon

PixelBacon Registered

Seems like I messed up... I thought you were one of those rep4rep guys that didn't read the rules and then complained that they were banned for "absolutly nothing", my bad.

It's kind of surprising that neither @Chride2k8 nor @|LZ| Gentleman were willing to talk to you about it, did you just add them and expected a result or did you write something on their profile too? It might also be worth a shot to message them on the forums here.

8. Edward

Edward Trade Administrator
    Trade Administrator Reputation Thread Mod

@cdr

I don't think that you just got banned for no reason. You probably got Banned because of your account which has:
    - 0 Friends.
    - Trading Activity: None.

Because of the reasons above your account is treated as a Bought / Alt Account.

You can try and Add the Mod / Admin on Steam who banned you from the group and you can try to appeal your Ban or at least ask the reason for your ban.

9. cdr

cdr Registered

I'm trying. Thanks for the advice. It's difficult since I can't post to the group and it's easy for people to ignore stuff like profile comments.

10. |LZ| Gentleman

|LZ| Gentleman He Who Wears Hats

11. |LZ| Gentleman

You were banned for being a high-risk user.

Unlike other communities, CSGORep bans users preemptively. In your case, the ban was justified, based on your profile's statistics.

Feel free to appeal the ban in 1 month. We'll have more stats to look at to evaluate you then.

12. |LZ| Gentleman

If you have any other questions, feel free to comment on my Steam profile.

13. cdr

cdr Registered

Justified how? I can understand making a mistake based on a quick look, but my account is demonstrably not bought nor an alt. What statistics, and how do you expect them to be different in a month? How should I appeal?

In the meantime, I have a completely unjustified big red "DO NOT TRADE!!!"message that might come up in a google search. If you're not going to fix the ban at least delete the post or let me delete it. Please give a thought to how you're damaging my reputation.

#13 cdr, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  14. |LZ| Gentleman

@cdr

Your ban was handed down by one of the admins. I'll have to ask him for you.

15. |LZ| Gentleman

Looks like you're just trying to flame.

EFF (the head admin who banned you) spoke to you about this weeks ago and you were given a month-long ban.
    CSGORep Admins and Mods are very responsive when it comes to appeals and communication.

Lethal Zone's forums is no place to start flaming another community. I'm handing you a forum ban for being duplicitous and feigning surprise about the ban nearly a month after you spoke with an admin. Please think before you start flaming.

#15 |LZ| Gentleman, Mar 21, 2016
  16. cdr

cdr Registered

What? I was banned Mar 18, two days ago. He must be confusing me with someone else? I have never spoken with him. I was never on the Steam group before two days ago.

I'm not trying to flame, this is very confusing to me.

Edit: I don't think I could have talked to him. I can't even comment on his profile, he must have blocked me? I just don't understand how this could have turned into such a giant miscommunication. Let me know how to talk to someone to resolve this, add me on Steam, anything, I'll even talk to someone on the phone if that's what needs to happen.

Here's where I was banned: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/CSGOREPorts/discussions/7/392183857626913966/

#16 cdr, Mar 21, 2016
  17. |LZ| Gentleman

He is confusing you for someone else (who was very malicious). He told me to tell you to add him anytime. Keep the appeals to CSGORep. This is LZ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.