1. The trade part of Lethal Zone has fully been taken over by FoG (Fortress of Gamers) and this site can no longer be used to make appeals. If you feel that your tag is unjust, please file an appeal over at https://f-o-g.eu.trade instead.

The Flaws of Lethal zone

Discussion in 'Trade Chat' started by Figgy, May 24, 2016.

1. Figgy

Figgy Registered

This may come out as ranty or bad tempered as I'm recently banned on here and steam rep . But I would like to critique how my ban was handled for future references

First I am not guilty of what I was banned for but that's not important
    It took 126 days for a conclusion to be reached and it was changed swiftly after banning me again.That is awfully done . The person who reported me dropped the claims after the situation was calmed which should be me unbanned already.

The victim should be took into consideration as after the situation was fixed me and him became close buddies but that doesn't matter.

Lethal zone is a great service for the community and is very helpful but the way in which is run is not correct or ethical Admins have too much of a say and in the circumstance the victim drops the charges the punishment should be revoked .

But what will one angry post do the admins won't suffer for the wrong doing in both camps . This site is vital to clean the community as I already said but the current state of it and the admins is disgusting and bias only one admin I Dealed with was reasonable and understanding he went by "TFD industries" or something . He was the only one that seemed to understand that a new device gives you a trade ban but alas

2. Enstage

Enstage Not so custom title
    Trade Administrator Reputation Thread Mod

Hello,

Note: I've moved this to the Trade Chat forum from the LZ Discussions forum.

Your appeal was escalated up to the highest levels of SteamRep, including two very senior admins. Under the given circumstances both recommended that your appeal be rejected.

Yes, I will admit it was my mistake for accepting the appeal in the first place, but additional evidence was not available to me when I made the decision, I would also like to point out there were no issues with me pulling back the appeal at the time, only now that your appeal has been rejected are we seeing them. Anyway, upon accepting the appeal I received this evidence (I had no idea it existed, otherwise I would've waited before making a decision on it), I had no choice but to pull it back. It also took so long due a glitch in the forums, meaning I didn't have access to some important forums that contained vital evidence to your appeal and the original report, I was actively trying to regain access. I received access to those areas again this afternoon and processed your appeal within an hour of getting access. I apologised for the length in which it took, and have done it again here.

You state that this post of yours won't do much, but I think some of the things you have said are correct, and I agree with them. I won't go into detail with these things, but I promise I am doing all I can to improve the situation.

One thing a lot of people don't seem to understand is the whole victim repayment/victim vouches (?) thing. Simply repaying a victim when you receive a report and especially after being tagged, does not under any circumstances guarantee your tag will be removed. The issue here is that somebody may scam 100 times for, lets say, 1 key each time, and only be caught 1 of those times; how is it fair that this scammer can repay just that 1 key and be immediately untagged? We certainly cannot make rules where its up to a trade admin to determine if there were other instances of fraud purely by guessing, that is what leads to bias and corruption. Repayment is of course taken into consideration (its required for the appeal to even be looked at!) but it's certainly not a deciding factor.

In addition, I don't really understand your last statement:
    I am happy to talk this out with you to some extent over Steam, feel free to leave a comment on my profile and add me and I shall accept when I notice we're both online. I will answer any (almost any) questions you may have regarding the matter.

Thanks.

#2 Enstage, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
  3. Figgy

Figgy Registered

As I said @Enstage if im banned I'm banned you are admin it's your call I can disagree all I want . Your call is final but I think the circumstances that were present did not help like 124 days for a reply is a disgrace in all ways but I added you never the less and we can chat

4. Figgy

Figgy Registered

I don't think I deserve to be banned and I think the reason given doesn't justify it "Remorse" means deep regret . I didn't actually plan on scamming anyone so I physically can't be remorseful I amnt happy about how it happened and yes I was in the wrong to hold the items 1 week after they were tradable . It didn't help that I was blocked by the victim or something there was orginally a trade ban stopping me trading it but something happened after but I honestly don't care about it it's over makes no difference to me in the long run . I just think when there is so much evidence in my favour to get me unbanned and when even the victim is saying I should be I think they should be listened to . But yes you are right that could easily lead to corruption and I understand you are acting on what you say fair but you didn't say anything or observe the circumstances as myself or the victim did and as we are both in favour of my unban I think that should be enough . What ever your other evidence is presuming it's the squabble I had with the victim I don't think that is enough for one to be banned .

@Ifoq Yurmama #sellingPins

#4 Figgy, May 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  5. DataStorm

DataStorm Registered

Didn't read your case up. Don't care, not on my plate. But you do seem have some misconceptions regarding the appeal process.

Victim wishes offender to be let off: In case the admin is 50/50 on a case, this is then often used as a swaying point in favor. Has a case however evidence and other information to reject the appeal, then it won't have any effect. So they do have a say, but the case is for the admin handling it to judge upon.

Repayment for what I've read here (I didn't read the case and only go by whats written here), as you where holding the items, it was YOUR responsibility to contact the owner and make arrangements, no matter what. You made a trade agreement, both sides have to live up to it. There are various ways to contact a specific account, and set things right in time. Even if you are trade-impaired due new device or w/e, you can still tell the other party you have such restriction and postpone the trade till the items become available for trading etc. Communicating is key.

Admins here have liaisons with SteamRep for advice and information if they need it. Handling a Appeal will need a lot of SR supplied information at times.

About returning on a decision regarding a appeal. Luckily it doesn't happen much, but in cases it can be needed.

And your last reply isn't really helping to carry your case.

Figgy and Enstage like this.
  6. Figgy

Figgy Registered

I agree it's just 124 days for a reply that's then changed also I really amnt disputing my ban as I said I'm just pointing out how it was dealt with and its flaws

7. Enstage

Enstage Not so custom title
    Trade Administrator Reputation Thread Mod

We understand what you're pointing out. Reasoning was given for both the time it took for a reply, and the retraction.

Figgy likes this.
  8. Figgy

Figgy Registered

The reasoning was valid but I made a second appeal which was removed and it still took a further 50 days so I really don't think that the excuse for time is valid . But they aren't the only morals behind by argument my argument is the selectiveness your evidence is and how you are ignoring the fact that there was no scam involved but you are correct it was me who was in charge of getting the items to him and I didn't do that so I deserve the ban . I amnt disagreeing with you like I understand your situation hence why I'm doing my best not to be toxic but I feel as if you don't seem to under stand the point I am attempting to convey